Twitter

Friday, March 5, 2010

My Rat Hamlet


So my rat Hamlet is a good friend of mine. I let him out of his cage because despite all his rage he is what he is. Or was. Because now he is out of his cage. So anyway, I'm watching him scamper around the carpet and climb up the furniture to sit with me, and he does what he is wont to do: walks across my hand and pees on it. So... I have to go wash off again. Rats pee on things to mark their territory, and to remind them where things are that they found. For instance, if Hamlet were to wander into the kitchen and find some apple pieces he would pee furiously all over the spot he found it so that he could go back to it again. So here I am now with my dilemma. Should I be flattered that Hamlet wants to remember that he likes me and can find me later? Or should I be worried that he thinks I am now his personal toilet? I guess the pee trail he just left across my t-shirt is the answer. Oh Hamlet you inquisitive fool, stop chewing on my car keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment